Thursday, May 31, 2012

Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta

Today seemed to fly by much faster than I could keep up and before I knew it, it was 8 o'clock in the evening. I was browsing one of my favorite food blogs Eat, Live, Run for a yummy pasta dish because I have been craving something of the sort lately. It didn't take me too long to find several that sounded delicious, but I decided on her Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta recipe. It took less than 30 minutes to make, and mushrooms are quite possibly one of my favorite foods ever. So this was the winner for the night.

By the time I ran to the store (and library to return almost over-due items for the third time this week) and came home it was past 9 pm and my mother looked at me like I was crazy when I told her I had planned on making this tonight. I started at about 9:55 pm and was completely finished by 10:20. Needless to say, this is my new favorite dish. So easy, and so tasty. 



This recipe made enough for about 4 people, and the only thing I would do differently is add a teeeeeeny bit more broth (I used beef) and cream because the sauce seemed to have disappeared once I added everything together. Also, I completely forgot to add the parmesan at the end, which probably would have solved my whole-lack-of-flavor-in-the-sauce issue. However, it was incredibly light and didn't give me that heavy, lazy feeling afterward like most creamy pasta dishes. I'll be looking forward to having this as my lunch tomorrow, too!



Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta Skillet [via Eat, Live, Run]
serves 4 
Ingredients:
8 oz dry farfalle pasta (bow-ties)
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized cubes
1 shallot, minced
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp oil
20 oz sliced cremini mushrooms (or whatever mushrooms you have on hand)
1/2 cup beef or chicken broth
1/2 cup cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (or to taste)
fresh minced parsley for serving
Directions:
Heat up the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about six minutes, until cooked through. Remove chicken to a plate and drizzle in a teeny more oil in your pan. Reduce heat to medium/low and add the minced shallot, followed by the garlic, mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Cook until mushrooms are juicy—about five minutes. Then, slowly stream in the broth and cream. Add the chicken back to the sauce and bring to simmer for a couple minutes.
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water. Drain and add pasta to the sauce. Add the salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment